Accommodation - Cottages
The Keeper's Cottage
A rustic secluded cottage in the heart of Clyne Valley Country Park, approximately a 15 min drive from our main farm site. The Keeper's Cottage was built in the mid-1800s as the gamekeeper's cottage for the Clyne Estate. Barn Owl Lodge was built as an extension to the original Cottage.
The Estate has a rich history and when it was owned by the Vivian family of Copperopolis fame many dignitaries were welcomed to enjoy hunting deer in the woods, often taking tea on the lawn of The Keeper's Cottage. It is said that these dignitaries included former British Prime Ministers Stanley Baldwin & Sir Winston Churchill, and also royalty including Prince Edward who later became King Edward VII, & his grandson Prince Edward who later briefly became King Edward the VIII.
The Cottage is very secluded and is accessed via a mile and a half long bumpy stone track through the woods. The Cottage has large gardens with a BBQ area, and ample parking. The rural setting means that there are many local walks and mountain bike trails nearby. The location is also perfectly suited as a base to explore the Gower Peninsula.
The Cottage sleeps 8 people, or if you book the Barn Owl Lodge next door they can interconnect to sleep 16.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Ground Floor Rooms: 1 double bedroom. 1 low bunk bed bedroom (more suitable for children rather than adults). 1 twin bedroom with ensuite shower room with walk-in shower WC and washbasin. Bathroom with over-bath shower, WC and wash basin. Open plan lounge and dining room. Second small lounge. Fitted kitchen.
- First Floor Rooms: 1 double bedroom. Bathroom with over-bath shower, WC and wash basin.
- Seclusion and tranquility within Clyne Valley County Park.
- Residents activity and special programmes.
- All heating, electric, bed linen (duvets) and towels included.
- Woodburning stove (initial supply of logs provided).
- Ample parking.
- TV, freeview, DVD and video player.
- Radio/CD/cassette player.
- Gas cooker, microwave.
- Washer/dryer, dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- Heating and hot water from gas fired "combi" boiler.
- Cot and high-chair on request.
- Stone BBQ.
- Enclosed garden area with garden furniture.
- Free WiFi.
- Dogs allowed for a supplement of £5 per night per dog. We ask that pets are kept off the furniture, out of the bedrooms, and are kept under control around the horses and other animals.