Accommodation - Cottages
Barn Owl Lodge
This rustic cottage takes its name from the pair of barn owls who once nested in the adjoining barn.
The secluded cottage is located in the heart of Clyne Valley Country Park, approximately a 15 min drive from our main farm site. It was originally built as an extension to The Keeper's Cottage which was created in the mid-1800s as the gamekeeper's cottage for the Clyne Estate.
The Estate has a rich history and when it was owned by the Vivian family of Copperopolis fame many dignitaries were welcomed to enjoy hunting deer in the woods, often taking tea on the lawn of The Keeper's Cottage. It is said that these dignitaries included former British Prime Ministers Stanley Baldwin & Sir Winston Churchill, and also royalty including Prince Edward who later became King Edward VII, & his grandson Prince Edward who later briefly became King Edward the VIII.
The Cottage is very secluded and is accessed via a mile and a half long bumpy stone track through the woods. It has large gardens with a BBQ area, ample parking, and a pond with decking. The rural setting means that there are many local walks and mountain bike trails nearby. The location is also perfectly suited as a base to explore the Gower Peninsula.
The Cottage sleeps 8 people, or if you book The Keeper's Cottage next door they can interconnect to sleep 16.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Ground Floor Rooms: 1 double bedroom. 1 twin bedroom with an ensuite bathroom (bath, WC and washbasin). Open plan lounge and dining room. Fitted kitchen. Shower room with WC and washbasin. Bathroom with over-bath shower, WC and washbasin.
- First Floor Rooms: 2 twin bedrooms. Small nook/play area.
- Residents activity and special programmes.
- All heating, electric, bed linen (duvets) and towels included.
- Seclusion and tranquility within Clyne Valley Country Park.
- Ample parking.
- Colour TV, freeview, DVD and video player.
- Radio/CD/cassette player.
- Electric hob & microwave.
- Washer/dryer, dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- Heating and hot water from gas fired "combi" boiler.
- Cot, high-chair on request.
- Stone BBQ.
- Enclosed garden area with garden furniture.
- Pond and decked area.
- Free WiFi.
- Dogs allowed for a supplement of £5 per night per dog. We ask that pets are kept off the furniture, out of the bedrooms, and are kept under control around the horses and other animals.