COVID-19 AWARENESS & PRECAUTIONS
Here we have outlined the latest situation, and what steps we are taking to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Please note that guidance is constantly reviewed for Welsh businesses so our protocols may change.
Current Welsh Guidance & Legislation
Adults and children over 11 (unless exempt) must continue to wear face-coverings on public transport, taxis, and in indoor public places, with the exception of hospitality settings such as restaurants, pubs, cafes, & nightclubs. This includes our Reception Area, stables, activity barn, & toilets etc.
Please be mindful that some hospitality businesses may still ask you to wear a face covering. Please look out for signs when entering, and be respectful of their wishes.
As we all know hand hygiene is key to containing the spread of COVID-19. There are hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the farm complex. We ask that visitors & participants sanitise their hands before entering any building or taking part in any activity (eg before mounting a horse or picking up an archery bow).
We are proud to be one of the first accommodation providers in Wales to have been awarded ‘We’re Good To Go’ certification. The scheme is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. The scheme has been developed in partnership with Visit Wales, Visit Britain, Visit England, Tourism Northern Ireland, & Visit Scotland to ensure standards across the UK.
We are a member of the Professional Association of Self-Caterers UK (PASC).
It is the responsibility of every self-catering or short-term rental operator to ensure that they and their properties comply with health and safety legislation in relation not only to self-catering accommodation but also to ensure the safety of guests and staff in relation to COVID-19.
We aim to do this whilst ensuring that our guests can enjoy a worry-free relaxing stay without compromise. We want you to relax and feel safe during your stay.
What steps are we taking to ensure the safety of our guests and staff?
We have implemented ‘COVID Cleaning Protocols for Self-catering Properties & Short Term Lets’. This guidance has been developed in partnership by the Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers, the Professional Association of Self-Caterers, and the Wales Tourism Alliance. It is supported by the Tourism Alliance, the Scottish Tourism Alliance & the Wales Association of Self-Catering Operators.
We have conducted a risk assessment for each property to identify potential risks, and have taken active steps to mitigate those risks.
Summary of the procedures followed by our cleaners:
1) Our cleaners ensure the property is ventilated whilst cleaning.
2) They understand the clean level required and have the appropriate equipment.
3) Have the option to wear the appropriate protective clothing (disposable gloves, apron & mask).
4) Prepare the area to be cleaned (reducing the load) – remove waste, remove dirty linen and towels and carry out any initial cleaning required.
5) Bedding & Linen: Use gloves to remove dirty linen directly into bags and remove from the property prior to cleaning. Remove gloves and dispose of them after stripping beds. Wash hands. Apply clean gloves before putting the clean linen on the beds.
6) The same applies to towels, bathmats, tea towels & any other removable linen items.
7) Disposal of waste: waste of any kind is placed in a plastic bag, tied and removed from the property and disposed of in an external bin. Hazardous waste is disposed of according to government & council guidelines.
8) Clean using appropriate cleaning products – or hot soapy water.
9) Disinfect using appropriate virucidal products, ensuring it is left on the surface for the required time to kill the virus. Product manufacturers guidelines are followed.
10) Hands are sanitised fully after the removal of protective clothing.
11) At the end of each changeover each cleaner completes a Cleaning Standard Checklist. Once complete it is submitted to management staff to check. This ensures that all steps have been completed for every aspect/area of the property listed on the checklist.
In the Property
* Guest Information Folders have been removed from the properties. The information is now available in our online Clyne Guidebook. We ask that all adults staying in your party read the dedicated COVID section in the Clyne Guidebook before your stay. You will be emailed a link to the Guidebook in the lead up to your stay.
* More self-catering FAQs
* Terms and Conditions for accommodation bookings can be found here: Terms & Conditions.
* As hosts we will keep contact with guests to a minimum, adhering to current social distancing guidelines. Where appropriate, we will wear protective clothing and will strive to maintain a safe social distance.
* Our check-in and check-out procedures are contact-free.
* Hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the farm complex.
What if a guest develops COVID-19 symptoms?
* Guests should not travel to stay with us if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, diagnosis, or requirement to self isolate within 14 days of arrival. No refunds will be due.
* If any guest develops COVID-19 symptoms (or are asymptomatic but declare the need to self-isolate) whilst staying with us they must inform us immediately. All members of the party must vacate the property and return home immediately to arrange a test and to self-isolate according to current government guidance. There will be no refund for loss of nights stayed. If for any reason you are unable to travel home and have to self-isolate at the property then all fees for all bookings affected by the self-isolation (yours and other subsequent bookings), or closure of any of our properties for deep cleaning will be charged to you.
* If a guest has acute symptoms, has breathing difficulties, or their life is at potential risk, medical help must be sought by the guest or their party immediately.
* We will refer to appropriate Government guidance on what action to take in the event of a known or suspected case of COVID-19 within the premises.
What can guests do to help?
* All guests should adhere to current guidelines in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
* We recommend that you bring some lateral flow tests with you from home in case any of your party start to feel unwell.
* We ask that you wear a face covering and sanitise your hands using the dispensers that are located around the farm before entering any of our buildings.
* All properties have an adequate supply of cleaning materials, including disinfectant, and hand soap. Guests are encouraged to maintain the cleanliness of the property during their stay.
* On departure day:
~ Please do not strip the bedding.
~ Put any used towels in the bath
~ Make sure all washing up has been done.
~ Remove all waste and recycling and place in outdoor bins on the main farm site.
Horse riding, archery, indoor climbing and Challenge Valley are all available to book.
Please read & adhere to our Terms & Conditions